[nabs-l] downloading ring tones to I-phone

Josh Gregory joshkart12 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 07:36:52 UTC 2013

Good morning, you need to download The files you want to make into ringtones to your computer, and then make sure that the sync Ringtone thing is checked in iTunes by going to the ring tone section of your device and clicking the sync all ring tones checkbox. Then, you've got to go to iTunes, add the file that you want to make into a ring tone into your library, then, when this is done, find that particular file that you just added, open your context menu, and go down to get info. From here, you've got a lot of tabs, but the options tab is the one you should be concerned with here. You want to check the start and end checkboxes and then enter an appropriate time in each field. It should be noted that a ringtone can be no longer than 40 seconds. After you're done with all of that, click okay, and then find the file that you just modified. Then, go to the context menu again and click create AAC version. After this is done, find that version, then again go to the context menu, and click show in explorer. From here, you want to rename the file extension from m4a to m4r. After this is done, you want to find this file, and copy to the clipboard with control+c. Then, you'll need to get back to iTunes with all Cplus tab, because you will be in the default Windows Explorer. From here, go to the ring tones section and paste your M4r file into the tones table. Then, just sync your device and you should be good.
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, as I  do all of this on a Macintosh now, I haven't done it on Windows in some time.
I hope this helps someone.
Thanks very much,
Josh

 Sent from my iPhone