[nabs-l] Questions regarding transition to cane use

Miso Kwak kwakmiso at aol.com
Tue Sep 3 01:59:31 UTC 2013

I strongly agree with Sophie's point.
I do not think you would have to necessarily notify your school's
disabilities office about your transition to cane because it would not
be a big change for your classes or accessing facilities on the campus.
If you are a client of your state department of rehab, yiou probably
can ask them to provide you with an orientation and mobility
instructor, so that you can learn proper techniques for using the white
cane.
Also, you might want to consider NFB training centers in a long run.
Best wishes
Miso