[nabs-l] Questions regarding transition to cane use

Sophie Trist sweetpeareader at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 01:48:53 UTC 2013

Ashley, if you're steadily losing your vision, familiarizing
yourself with the use of a cane will be very helpful. It will
make things less difficult for you when you no longer have enough
vision to drive, and it will make it easier for you to navigate
campus without having to depend on tiny signs you can't read.
However, if you decide to begin learning cane use, I believe it
is important to have an O&M (orientation and mobility) teacher
help you learn proper techniques. I wish you the best of luck.

Yours sincerely,
Sophie