[nabs-l] downloading ring tones to I-phone

Josh Gregory joshkart12 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 14:01:49 UTC 2013

No you're not doing anything wrong, you're able to do saves of these files with another platforms such as android, merely saying that for comparison sake. At the moment, anyway, there's not anything I can think of to solve this… You could perhaps email it to yourself and open it in your computer and it will go into iTunes that way. Or suppose you could copy to the clipboard after you have it in the computer and paste it into the appropriate section.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 3, 2013, at 8:52 AM, "Gloria G" <gloria.graves at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
> Thank you for this information. I am going to try this and see how far I get. I am not the smartest person when it comes to technology. LOL! Maybe there is one more thing you can assist me with. I had someone send me ring tones via text message and they came as media files in my text message which I was expecting, but when I go to open the message with the attached file, it opens it up as a video, and when I try to save it to my phone there is no save button but there is a action button which asks me to open up  the media file in either messages or drop box.  I can remember phones that I have had like the NV2, whenever I would get a pic, video, or any type of audio file, there would be an option to save the file to my phone, but I am not finding the same thing with the I-phone. I have tried emailing the files to myself so that I could open them and hopefully save them to my phone that way, but again, no luck because I am not getting an option to save the file to my phone. Am I doing something wrong? Again, I am not the most tech savvy person around. I am able to do the basic things I need to with my phone and computer, but am trying to expand my technological knowledge, if that makes since the way I said that. Sorry if these questions are becoming a pain, but I figured there would be someone out there a little better with the I-phone who could maybe help me. Thank you for any help you can give.
> Gloria ----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexa Schwichow" <ajschwichow at gmail.com>
> Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2013 4:52 PM
> Subject: Re: [nabs-l] downloading ring tones to I-phone
>

>> You have to go to iTunes, and to go to your iPhone on your computer. After you click past all the radio buttons that say stuff like music, Summary, info, etc, you will find a radio button that says apps. You need to press the spacebar to check this button. Then, tab until you hear file sharing. After this, you will find a list of apps that can transfer files between your phone and your computer. Select the ring tone app, tab over, and you will find a list of the files that this application can share with your computer. Select the ring tone And tab to the save as button. Save it in a folder, and then add it to your iTunes library from that folder. This can be done by selecting file greater then add file to library. I hope this helps.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Sep 1, 2013, at 3:06 PM, "Gloria G" <gloria.graves at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
> [...]
>>> Gloria