[nabs-l] Jaws and PDF Forms

Preston Gaylor pgradioman at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 10 15:37:44 UTC 2013

Dear NABS:
I hope all of you are well!
I just have a quick question for you all.
Yesterday, I was filling out a form from Pendot (our state's Department of Transportation) to get my photo ID, and I did have some trouble filling it out!
Jaws was reading the form fine, but to me I thought that the form was inaccesable to fill out with Jaws.
I tried other screen readers like System Access and Narrator, but they didn't work!
Luckily, my Mom was there and she helped me fill the form out completely.

Have any of you encountered PDF forms recently?

What did you use to help the form accessible for you to fill out?
Did you copy and paste it into a Word document and save onto a thumb drive to fill out at a later time?
What other ideas and suggestions do you guys have about PDF forms and Jaws and what should I do next time I come accross another Adobe form in the near future?
Thanks, and take care!
Sincerely:
Preston

Sent from my iPod