[nabs-l] French books?

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 20:16:45 UTC 2013

Hello,
I am taking a french class this Fall quarter and my school is trying to
figure out how they can get me my French book. I have told them that I
wanted it in Braille, but they don't know what the best way to get it to
me is.
They refused to get a French Braille transcriber because it would cost
$17000 and that is the whole budget of the department. I asked them if
they could do sections, but they were really put off by that quote, so
are asking for other ways to get the Braille to me.
I am wondering if anyone knows if:
1. Putting the clean doc through DBT on the french setting and giving it
to me
2. giving me the clean doc and I read it on my APEX

is the better option for me?
I've never delbt with a huge French text all on its own before, so don't
know how my technology will interact with it.
If anyone has used any of the above options please let me know.
Thank you,

--
Brandon Keith Biggs