[nabs-l] problem with college cafe

Nathan Clark troubleclark at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 17:16:16 UTC 2013

Dear Nabs,
My name is Nathan Clark and I am one of the quieter people on this
list but I have a situation that I have at my community college where
I would like to have some opinions fro you all. about.

Today as I was walking into my school's café I discovered that almost
every table that I came upon had chairs that were sticking ot where
people had been sitting in and forgot to push their chairs in. My
school had a room off the café where students can eat their lunch in a
more quieter environment which is where I usually eat my lunch and
that is where I wanted to eat today. However, after struggling with
navigating through the chairs that were not pushed in I just gave up
and sat a different bale and had my lunch. After eating, I went to my
school's Secutrity department and expressed my concerns with them. The
lady who I talked to is named Sharon and she is not a security guard
but the secretary for the department. She knows me very well and she
knows from previous semesters that I have encountered this problem
before with the café. She helped me schedule an appointment with the
Assistant Chieef of Security on Tuesday.

My question for you all is should I have scheduled the meeting or just
dropped the problem. What could be some solutions that I could bring
up to my meeting with the Assistant Chief for Tuesday? If you were
wondering I forgot to say that I talked to my DSS office and they said
that they would work with the Secutiry department to solve this
problem.

I would like to hear what people have to say and wondering if this has
happened to other people on the list?
Sincerely,
Nathan Clark