[nabs-l] problem with college cafe

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 22:56:55 UTC 2013

Nathan,

There's a big difference between educating the sighted public about
what we need as blind individuals and changing bad habits. Yes, you
can talk to your DS office and security and have them post reminders,
but I would be willing to bet that the issue of chairs sticking out in
your way is not going to be resolved any time soon. I have a guide dog
now so she just takes me around the chairs or stop so I can nudge the
chair out of our path, but when I was using a cane, all I had to do
was nudge the chair in a little bit and I would have room to go on my
merry way. You could try this simple solution to see if it fixes your
problem before tackling other people's lack of courtesy. I also want
to remind you that you're not going to have a DS office or a chief of
security that you could run to in the real world when people don't
have chairs pushed in.

Cheers,
Minh