[nabs-l] Grade Expunging

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 22 00:52:30 UTC 2013

Dan,
Not everyone has college paid for with vr and we do not know if this student
did or not.
Heck, if vr will not pay for a retake, I'd never finish school then.
I'm glad I did not depend on the government with all its stupid restrictions
to pay for college.
We need the same chance as all students and yes this includes retaking
classes and withdrawing from classes or auditing classes or doing whatever
we need to do to go through college.
I assure you I struggled in certain classes. Did I withdraw in some
instances? Did I retake classes?
Yes and Yes! I did so like other students and worked very hard through
college; as a vision impaired student who learns better with braille and the
ocasional large print diagram or numbers, I found college very challenging
at times. I was not given braille in college of course except for my own
notes. I had to rely on recorded textbooks and reading other notes through
jaws such as study guides or powerpoint slides.
I had to rely on auditory learning which was not as effective for me.
Sometimes I just could not handle a class and did withdraw.
It showed up as a W and I do not think it affected my GPA.

I'm glad you wrote in as a former DSS staff person to let us know you can
get grades removed; I was not sure as I never had to look into it.
Your statements confirmed that its   a hard process though with complaints
needed to justify a removal of the grade.

Well, its up to Bobby as to what she wishes to do now.
I hope she can retake the class and move on with college.

Ashley