[nabs-l] Bard shut down and government shutdown

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 30 23:28:29 UTC 2013

Hi all,

If you need or want anything urgently from Bard, download tonight!

Remember our congress has not agreed on a budget and the funding of Obama care, so the government may shut down.

Bard will shut down also as long as NLS staff are furloughed.
You probably can order books via your cooperating library via mail still though.

I saw this message on BARD.
In the case of a federal government shutdown tomorrow, tuesday, October 1, 2013, most Library of congress personnel, including all NLS staff, will be furloughed, and BARD servers will be shut down for the duration.

So there is the message. So, take steps to prepare and voice your political views to your legislator’s offices so we hopefully can get the government running soon.

Ashley