[nabs-l] Internships/Jobs Requiring a driver's license car

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 30 23:54:30 UTC 2013

Beth,
Your messages are at the bottom again btw.

What I meant by negotiate with the employer was find another solution or
have them pay for a driver.
Driving is a barrier because often where you need to travel will not have
reliable public transit. Also, I do not know the job which Bobby needs, but
if its social work related, they need you to drive so you can transport
clients and go to various meetings.

It is unlikely an employer will let you take clients on public transit with
you. If you know the employer or they are open minded, perhaps some
arrangement can be made though.
Bobby would have to consider the company and if she wants to call them up
front to disclose her disability and discuss other options.

Ashley