[nabs-l] In person versus online for the summer

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 03:32:10 UTC 2014

I took an online class once and I had a really hard time keeping
myself motivated to do the reading and complete all the assignments on
time. My grade in that class was worse than any other grade I've ever
received. Granted, this was in high school and the topic wasn't very
interesting, but I always think it's easier to stay motivated when I
have a set time and place to go and when I am interacting in real time
with the teacher and other students. I've also had similar problems
when I've tried to audit classes. That could just be me, though, and
I'm sure online classes can work quite well if you're willing to be
self-motivated and especially if the topic is interesting to you. It
might also be cheaper if that is a concern.

Best,
Arielle