[nabs-l] In person versus online for the summer

Leye-Shprintse leyeshprintse at ymail.com
Tue Apr 29 20:02:59 UTC 2014

BS'D

Becky,

This is how I would do it; bene note, I am not located in the United States.

Firstly, I would contact the university and ask if their course platform is accessible with screen readers such as JAWS and VoiceOver.

Secondly, I would contact the department which gives the courses and tell them that I am blind and need the material in an accessible format. I would request to get the list of literature now so that I would have time to get it before the courses start. I would also Contact the teacher and give a bref introduction of myself and beg he or she to Contact me if they have some questions. If you have asked all questions before your course start it will be any problems, G-d willing.

Finally, my experience is that you need to be well prepared before you start your courses, then you have done anything in your power to get it to work.

Good luck!

LeSholom,
Leye-Shprintse <3