[nabs-l] accessible books

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 02:08:10 UTC 2014

The problem with word documents is they often don't keep the
original page numbers from the book, so if you have to cite it,
you can't.  PDF is better, but OCR software often messes up with
those.  I think chemistry will be particularly problematic
because of the subscripts and superscripts, so it might be worth
your while getting that book professionally transcribed or at
least making sure your DSS office has someone go through the book
and proof read it.  You'll also need to get someone to write out
descriptions of the diagrams and maybe the pictures in your
anthro book especially if you're talking about physical
anthropology where you have to know about things like skeletal
structure in different homonins.

Hope this helps,
Karl