[nabs-l] Braille Display Question

Loren Wakefield theweird1 at mediacombb.net
Wed Dec 10 04:02:25 UTC 2014

I am becoming familiar with the edge.  So far, I like what I have
experienced.  I also have a friend that swears by it.  It has a simple
notetaker built-in.  It will work with things like the I-Phone I-Pad, etc
for braille input and reading in braille what is on the screen.  As a person
with a major hearing loss, things like that are very helpful.

I have also heard that the himms tech support is quite good.  However, as of
now, I have no personal experience with that part of it.

As to your problem with humanware, keep after them.  They tried to tell me
one of the thumbkeys was working after I paid over $260 to have it fixed and
it did not work.  To be fair, they did pay to have it sent back to them,
retested and corrected, and then shipped back to me.

Anyway, for what it is worth, that's been my experience with the edge.  I'd
be interested in which way you decide to go.

Loren Wakefield