[nabs-l] Your experience with college search

Michael D Ausbun mausbun at unr.edu
Mon Dec 15 22:59:38 UTC 2014

Hello Phil:
	I would certainly assert that claim; however, it is important to keep in mind that my claim is a hasty generalization. I may be completely wrong, as it pertains to other visually impaired learners. I truly believe that I have it right though, because if we do not have access to the school, how can we make judgments regarding it? Of course, over a period of time (as long as you’re curious), a student will adapt to any situation.
	In regards to whether contacting others with disabilities would be useful, I’ll boldly state yes and no. The reason yes, is because by doing so, you can determine the ablest tendencies of the professor, that is, and how he or she views people with disabilities. The reason I would argue no, is because unless the individual you are contacting is blind and or has a similar mentality as yourself, the results may be varied. I’ve found that several of my fellow students here at the University of Nevada, have far different opinions of professors than I do. I so far, have loved every one of my professors; however, several have had a bad rap sheet in the past, as it pertains to disabilities or students in general. It’s the luck of the draw, in some cases.
Best regards,
Michael