[nabs-l] One can live without disability services and others

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 03:14:29 UTC 2014

Lily. I agree with you.  When I was first in college, I really didn't
know all that much, about getting textbooks and the best way to get
handouts.  At first, I visited my DSS office quite frequently to get
handouts, or textbooks on mp3 cd.  But as the years went on, I learned
how to use the computer better, and how to get some books from
learning ally which meant I didn't have to use the DSS office as
often.  I always felt that my DSS office did a very nice job helping
me in my early college years.  I'm very greatful my college had a
tutoring center where I could go to get tutoring in classes especially
math.  Math is the reason why it took me so long to get my associates
degree.  Geometry was not fun.  It took me four hours to complete the
geometry final.  Good luck all in your persuing of your high school,
or college careers.  I wish more blind people would go to college.  I
know a couple people who don't go to college.