[nabs-l] looking for a summer job

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 00:35:27 UTC 2014

Hi Sophie,

I really like the ideas Kaiti suggested. It's never too early to start
thinking about what kind of career you might want to pursue so take
advantage of all the time you have in the summer to begin exploring
your interests. Ask your teachers, your parents, your friends' parents
if they would let you shadow them for a day or give you an internship
in an area you're curious about for more experience. If you like kids,
you could work at a day/overnight camp as a counselor. I worked as a
counselor for a camp basically every summer of high school. You could
also look into tutoring students in the community for free or paid.
Use bulletin boards at community centers/libraries or word of mouth to
advertise your services. A website that I recommend you look into
while searching for internships/volunteer opportunities is
idealist.org. I'm obsessed with it as it as helped me locate potential
organizations that I want to work with before. Have fun and good luck
finding something to do this summer. :)

Cheers,
Minh