[nabs-l] Mentoring a younger student; when enough is enough

Ryan Silveira ryan.l.silveira at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 15:39:34 UTC 2014

Oh, I feel your pain, Kaiti.  When I was a freshman in high school,
there was a blind senior who had forgotten his notetaker on the day he
was to take the SAT.  He asked to borrow mine and, because I was so
annoyed at having to give my notetaker away and use a Perkins brailler
in class, I put the notetaker in Spanish so that the guy would have to
figure out how to switch it back.  Our para wasn't too pleased that I
had done that, but no one asked to borrow a notetaker from me ever
again, so I guess it worked.

Ryan