[nabs-l] Mentoring a younger student; when enough is enough

Emily Pennington emilypennington at fuse.net
Tue Feb 11 16:19:06 UTC 2014

Hi, everyone.
Regarding Kaiti's question about the tour, I think I might have an answer.
I'm not sure if the mobility instructor is or is not taking the initiative
and helping with the tour, but they might have the mind-set that a student
giving the tour would be more beneficial since that student is the one who
attends that school on a daily basis. Heck, when Lillie was starting high
school, I offered to walk around with her and our O&M instructor one of the
first times she visited the building. I was really excited to show her some
of the routes I took, introduce her to teachers, and the like. Besides, I
knew my sister wouldn't turn into some crazy stalker chick. Haha. At any
rate, I agree with everything that's been said: you can help this girl, but
it's not your job to serve as TVI, O&M instructor, teacher, and so on and so
forth.

Emily