[nabs-l] Coloradoans & DVR Waiting List

Dan Burke dburke at cocenter.org
Thu Feb 13 16:59:09 UTC 2014

Greetings!

This won't apply to most, so please forgive the need to post this.

The NFB of Colorado needs your help.  Colorado Voc Rehab has been in what is known as Order of Selection for nearly a year.  Order of Selection amounts to a waiting list for applicants to vocational rehabilitation, and the continuation of this waiting list is a major concern for the NFB.

We want to collect the names of blind Coloradoans who are either on the Colorado waiting list for services, or who were discouraged from applying because of the waiting list.

What we need:

We need your

*         Name

*         Age

*         contact info

*         The DVR office where you went to apply for services

*         Date you applied for DVR services, or were discouraged from applying

*         What you are doing since applying or not applying.

Please get in touch with our NFB of Colorado office:

Jessica Beecham
jbeecham at nfbco.org<mailto:jbeecham at nfbco.org>
303-778-1130, extension 223.

If you know of someone else who has been affected by the Colorado waiting list, please share this info and encourage them to contact us as well.

Thanks in advance!

Dan Burke