[nabs-l] Making a visual c++ accessible

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Fri Feb 21 13:15:59 UTC 2014

I am developing a visual c++ application for a computer science an dI would
like to know how to make it accessible for screen readers. I use ZoomText
so I am not sure what I have ot do to make it work with something like JAWS.

It is a HealthTracker to store vital statistics for each day and make that
data available to be printed in a report.

It will have a tab control, text boxes, combo boxes, buttons etc

The user guide will be in pdf is there a way to make the pdf accessible?

The group hasn't decided if we are going Visual C++ or using Qt for C++
development. A couple of us are leaning toward vc++ because we are more
familiar with it and I think it will be easier to deploy for windows. I
made a small Qt program and can't get it run on my other computer even
though I believe I copied all the necessary dlls

Any advices of what is needed for accessibility is greatly appreciated

Thank you
Suzanne