[nabs-l] MusicforBandwasRE:adjustingtohighschool(was:Re:[]newyear)

marissa pianogirlforlife7 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 04:30:30 UTC 2014

Is it possable to request online?

 ----- Original Message -----
From: Kaiti Shelton <crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
<nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Date sent: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 23:25:59 -0500
Subject: Re: [nabs-l]
MusicforBandwasRE:adjustingtohighschool(was:Re:[]newyear)

Hi Marissa,

The apex would not be able to convert print music to braille
music.
It does not work the same as print since music is not text.  You
need
to have a transcriber edit the print file.

Have you been shown what print music symbols look like?  If not,
that
might be something to look into as well.  There is a book of
raised
tactile music symbols available from NLS.  The number for the
music
section, which you could call yourself (I have called throughout
high
school with no problems) is (202)707-500.  They should be pretty
helpful.