[nabs-l] Using Blackboard with JAWS

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 17:08:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

The command I probably use the most is control and F.  This brings up
a dialog box in which you could type a specific word or phrase you're
looking for on the page, and it will find it for you.  I also use
insert f 7, h, e, and n a lot.

Have you spoken with your disability coordinator?  Maybe they can get
the IT department to fix some of these coding issues in their system.
Whenever I have problems with the Sakai site my school uses, the IT
department goes in and fixes the code so that it is accessible with
Jaws.  Your school's IT department should be following WCAG guidelines
anyway.

Hope this helps.

Kaiti