[nabs-l] Blindness and Race

justin williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 10:31:25 UTC 2014

Your point is well taken.  However, not just racist to Blacks, I have also
seen it extend to Asian, Hispanic, and even south pacific islanders.  I've
heard the different racial slurs  to go along with it pertaining to the
Asian or Hispanic.  I have also met those black people who are blind, and
they are at times racist to those who are white.  It's strange to see a room
full of blind people divided among racial lines, yet in the sighted world,
both races would be shunned do to their being blind.  We would all be lumped
together due to our having a visually disability.  The blacks and whites
would miss out on the same job through discrimination due to vision, yet,
within the group, it is segregated due to race.  When traveling to the NFB
conventions, most of the black people are on one bus, and the white people
are on the other. Isn't that something?