[nabs-l] Independent Living Skills

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:17:41 UTC 2014

Hi, learning any kind of independent living skill is important because
you can do things yourself, and don't have to rely on other people for
help.  A good example is cutting my fingernails.  Since I am a guitar
player, I have to make sure my fingernails are relatively short.  I've
been cutting my own nails lately, since when my nails get to short, I
just want to do it myself.  My mom still does them for me sometimes,
but only because she can get them a little more even then I can, but I
can now cut my nails, and I don't keep cutting them to short.  Also,
,my mom is quicker than I am, but I know with practice, I'll get
better.  I can use the microwave myself, since I have braille labels
on it, and my mom and dad get soup in cans with those very nice pull
tops, you don't have to worry about using the can opener.  Hope
everyone had a great time at convention.