[nabs-l] Independent Living Skills

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:02:28 UTC 2014

Dear Students,

I hope everyone had a wonderful time at this year's national
convention.  I'd like to discuss the topic of independent living
skills.  As students we are sometimes not expected to perform as
people think we should.  Last week my dad and I went to Subway so
I could get some lunch before my exam.  I independently ordered
my own sandwich which was turkey with mustard American cheese and
tomatoes on Italian bread.  In the past I have been heating up my
own food in the microwave.  Why do you think learning independent
living skills is important? Hope to hear from you soon.