[nabs-l] Feeling Inadequate After National Convention?

Beth Taurasi bethslists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 00:25:19 UTC 2014

I would agree, Arielle.  It just bothers me that while the NFB is
fighting for the "vanilla blind" people, they seem to think
guardianship is ok for a mentally ill and blind person because,
while at the CCB, the director said she wasn't comfortable
changing the state of the guardianship because of the "mental
health disability" or undiagnosed disabling factors.  Whuat's the
point, then, of fighting for, in one case, the total illegality
of guardianship?  It should be illegal just as Henry's turkey
Service was found to be in violation of so many existing laws nd
exploited low IQ boys.  The "guardians of the boys stole their
money.  I am lucky in that I'm even living alone, but the
"guardians" don't even see me in CO.  So whuat to do next!
Beth