[nabs-l] Taking breaks during work

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 27 21:51:35 UTC 2014

Hi Rahul,
Breaks are good because they actually help you concentrate better when
returning to work.
I don't understand the problem. Why can't you take a walk with your cane
outside? I know you don't use it inside because you don't need it, but why
not pick it up and walk outside with it? To learn your way, ask one of the
employees to show you around where they walk. There might be a courtyard or
something like that nearby you can simply go  to and sit and relax.
Alternatively, walk with coworkers, but if you can use a cane, I see no
reason not to walk yourself.

Other ways to take breaks are to just stand up and stretch or walk down to a
break room if you have one and get a drink and relax there.
Sometimes I just took a break by surfing the  internet, but this does not
get you away from your desk.

HTH,
Ashley