[nabs-l] suggestions

Beth Taurasi bethslists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 01:41:03 UTC 2014

Dear List, and especially Carl Jacobsen
I think there are some broken links on the chat site there.  Hi,
this is Beth.  Just a message for Mr. Jacobsen, Carl Jcobsen.
There are a ton of broken contact links.  It would help if there
was an email or phone number in each of those links.  Please fix
those if you don't mind.
The reason I am writing this is that some friends of mine would
like to see a presentation or two at NFB live.  I think it would
help the teenagers in the group if we did a presentation on
bullying, exclusion, and how to deal.  I've been excluded from
peer groups.  As someone who found the NFB by acident, I know
firsthand what it's like to be isolated and that geographically,
I was unable to find a chapter in Brevard County and Titusville.
The only people who did NFB activities in FL Brevard County were
the Naultys.  Joe and Arlene.  Well, they live in Melbourne from
what I could tell, but you can't have a chapter with only three
people.  I was a member of Denver and Daytona's chapters.  Face
this fact, though, I was excluded from my peer group in high
school, and exclusion still affects adults too.  I think we need
to also understand that folks with cognitive differences are
excluded due to their disabilities, so I think I would like to
contribute my experience with that.  Thanks.
Beth