[nabs-l] Braille being placed on the back burnner

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 07:20:39 UTC 2014

Hi to all.  I know that as a college student, I haven't used much
braille, but it is very important to know.  What if people who use
computers so much, have their computers break down, then what will
they do.  I had to use a perkins brailler to do my math problems.  How
else would I have done math.  I know braille books I'd love to have
like the Harry Potter series, but I don't have the room for the books,
and they aren't being produced by the Braille Press anymore, only in
ebook format.  If only braille displays would come down in price.  I'm
hoping to get some state agency to pay for me to have a notetaker to
help me in college.  I'm trying to save up for some technology, I
don't know if it will be a braille display or not.  A 40 cell display
will cost between $3000, and $5000.  I am so glad I learned braille
growing up, I used to read books all the time when I was younger, and
have a lot of books I bought from seedlings braille books for
children.  They are one of the best places for getting childrens and
young adult books today.  They produce very high quality braille, at a
very afordable price.