[nabs-l] Braille being placed on the back burnner

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 01:59:11 UTC 2014

Without technology, I wouldn't be able to read and write emails and
text messages in contracted Braille. Nor would I be able to write
research papers and send them to sighted colleagues using Braille,
spell-check and grammar-check my students' papers in Braille, etc.
It's ridiculous to pit Braille and technology against each other
because technology makes Braille flexible and portable as Antonio
pointed out. The real problem is that Braille technology is so
expensive it doesn't make Braille affordable or accessible to all.
Arielle