[nabs-l] Rebecca Leon for Secretary

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 21:03:12 UTC 2014

All,
I first met Rebecca in May, and reconnected with her a few weeks ago
at the NFB 5K Braille Literacy run. I got to talking about NABS with
someone else and mentioning how there were elections, and such, and
Rebecca perked right up and said "I want to run!" Since then, we've
had a few incredible conversations, which have confirmed in my mind,
beyond a doubt, that she not only would make a great secretary, but
that she will be bringing great ideas, dedication and much energy to
the NFB and to NABS. I have no doubt that she will be a leader in our
movement.
Even though she is new, she has that passion and fire that has made
the NFB the movement that it is. She is a wonderful communicator, and
when you meet her at convention I know you will be just as impressed
as I have been.
I'd like to see a NABS leadership made up of passionate, and energetic
students, who are not just talking the talk, but also living the NFB
philosophy in the world. Most important, I believe that the best
leaders, are those who clearly want to be leaders, those who want to
help, those who are willing to listen to others, welcome ideas, and
try to be as inclusive as possible. I know Rebecca will bring this to
the board, and the membership, and that her skills will allow us to
grow as an organization, and become much stronger. I support her, and
i hope that you take the time to talk to her and vote for her.
Thanks.
Mary F

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/

--
Mary Fernandez
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will