[nabs-l] Independence and courtesy

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Thu Mar 6 18:02:54 UTC 2014

One reason to offer the seat on the bus is if the person needs the bus
driver to let them know where the stop is. My O&M instructor said to always
sit at the front across from the driver if you need the bus driver to
remember. He also said do not fold my cane to make sure the driver still
sees it. Otherwise they will forget to tell you your stop.

If I am going somewhere new and the bus does not have audible
announcements, I will ask the driver to let me know my stop.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Arielle Silverman <Arielle.Silverman at asu.edu