[nabs-l] what computer to buy for a friend

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 7 05:31:17 UTC 2014

Hi, guys.
I'm having a bit of a snag here.  I may be selling a couple things, and
with some extra money, I thought because of the XP going bye bye and
all, I thought I'd do my boyfriend a service and buy him a laptop or a
pc.  Well, I'm not sure what I should get.  My friend told me I should
get him a Lenovo laptop, but I'm trying to decide between a Toshiba or a
proper American HP.  One thing, I'm looking for a laptop with a good
microphone that can do stereo, and I know HP would do that.  But I have
a friend who raves about his Toshiba Satellite, and I want to look at
the layout of the keys.  First question: how should I go shopping for
the laptop?  Second, instead of JAWS, I thought NVDA would do fine with
Eloquence, so how would I get him some training on this new laptop?  Or
should I do it myself when I possibly fly down there to AZ in May?  I
thought of doing that myself because I'm good with computers and can do
many things with them in terms of programming and some other stuff.
What do you guys think?  Thoughts?
Beth