[nabs-l] Accessible College Websites

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:19:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have never used moodle, so I cannot personally speak to its
accessibility.  However, a lot of the platforms similar to moodle,
including blackboard and sakai, are making really big strides in
accessibility.

My school did require me to complete courses on alcohol.edu, and the
site was completely inaccessible.  I tried to appeal to the company's
IT people, and they said they would make changes (However, I know from
my sister taking the course that it looks exactly the same as it did
when I took it). There really aren't many alternatives for it, other
than having someone go through it with you.  My mom was able to sit
down with me for a few hours, and we got through the reading, quizzes,
and video modules pretty easily.  The good thing, though, is that the
video modules are so corney that you get a lot of what you need from
the dialog.  I don't think my mom actually had to describe much.

If the psych program you're referring to is called Psych Lab, I have
used it and had pretty good success with it.  I didn't run into any
major issues when I was using it for my abnormal psychology class last
spring, so you should be good to go if this is the program you need to
use.

On 3/13/14, lizzy <lizzym0827 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm wondering if those of you with experience using the following
> websites have had any issues using them, more specifically with
> Window-Eyes or Voice Over.
> Moodle: Apparently it's an online classroom similar to blackboard
> or D to L.
> 2.  alcohol.edu A college health type course.
> 3.  The third one is a software used primarily for psychology and
> statistics labs  called PSS something or other (don't remember
> all of the letters), I saw a post about it a while ago, and I
> don't think it was accessible, so what do you all use/do as an
> alternative?
> Thanks!
> Lizzy

Kaiti