[nabs-l] Imagination Fund Campaign Tip

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Thu Mar 20 19:58:55 UTC 2014

The following Imagination Fund message was sent via email by Melissa Riccobono, NFBMD president to motivate our Maryland members to actively participate in the Imagination Fund Campaign.  Uncle Whozit encourages all of our affiliate leaders to do the same.

.          Join Team NFBMD and Become an Imaginator!: As you may have heard

in the Presidential Release, Uncle Whozit is counting on you! The National Federation of the Blind has a goal to raise $300000 for the Imagination Fund by May 31, 2014. The Imagination Fund not only supports NFB Jernigan Institute programs, it also helps fund special programs and projects in state affiliates. Raising money for the Imagination Fund means finding other peoples' money! If you want to support the NFB personally, please consider joining the PAC Plan (More about the PAC Plan later in these messages.) If you want to be an Imaginator and raise money for the Imagination Fund as part of Team NFBMD, , please reach out to your family, friends, business contacts, etc. and tell them why the National Federation of the Blind is important to you. Please ask them for a donation.

.         How do they donate? People can make a donation to Team NFBMD by

visiting https://app.mobilecause.com/public/social/9716 As a member of Team NFBMD, please feel free to visit this page yourself and use the links provided to ask for donations from your Facebook friends and Twitter followers. You can also send a customized email to your contacts directly from this page and encourage them to donate. If you are asking someone for a donation in person, you can have him or her text the word Maryland to 71777.

Or, donors can send a check made out to NFB with Imagination Fund Maryland in the memo line to 200 East Wells St.; Baltimore, MD 21230. The NFBMD has a goal to raise $7500 in commemoration of the upcoming 75th anniversary of the national Federation of the Blind. This seems like a large number, but I know we will be able to achieve this goal if we all participate as one team and reach out to those we know to ask them for their help. We are counting on you; we still have a long way to go to reach our goal.

.         If you would like to have the NFB Jernigan Institute create a
personal Imaginator page for you, please send an email to imaginationfund at nfb.org<mailto:imaginationfund at nfb.org>

Mr. Anil Lewis, M.P.A.
Deputy Executive Director

National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, Maryland   21230

(410) 659-9314 ext. 2374 (Voice)
(410) 659-5129 (FAX)
Email: alewis at nfb.org<mailto:alewis at nfb.org>
Web: www.nfb.org<http://www.nfb.org/>
Twitter: @AnilLife

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund campaign, please visit www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture<http://www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture>.