[nabs-l] Imaginator Social Giving Process

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Fri Mar 21 01:45:14 UTC 2014

NFB Imaginators:

As referenced on the call, attached and below is a description of the Imaginator Social Giving Process.  It primarily describes the Social Giving tool, but also provides information about how to ensure that paper check donations are attributed to your Imagination Fund campaign.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Imaginator Social Giving Process
To text in a donation:
How to Ask Your Supporters to Donate
Ask your supporters to text your keyword to 71777 to either view your campaign's progress or to make a debit or credit card donation to your campaign.
Donation Process from Supporter's Point of View
Once your supporter has sent the text message, a reply text message will be sent stating, "NFB needs help, please donate here: [link to your campaign's personal page] Msg&Data Rate May Apply. Info? Visit igfn.org/t Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel."

The supporter will then select the first link in the reply text message, which will take him/her directly to your personal fundraising page.
Or, to donate via the Web link, simply select the link:

In either case, the supporter is then taken to your personal fundraising page. Your fundraising page contains a personal photo, a call to action, and organization information, as well as a progress thermometer with your goal, campaign duration, and amount donated thus far. On this page, the supporter can either make a donation and/or share your page via Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail. When you share your page via this media, default content is displayed; however, each supporter can customize the text before sharing the page with followers.
Make a Donation
A supporter will need to fill in an e-mail address, first name, last name, address, city, state, Zip Code, and credit card information. By default, a donation amount of $25 will appear; this amount can be edited.
Make a Donation via Check
If a supporter chooses, a check on your behalf may be submitted. Although check donations are not visible on your social giving page, we will still add this amount to your fundraising total. As such, it is important that you ask the supporter to write your keyword in the memo portion of the check so that we can associate it with your total amount raised.
Learning of New Donations
After donations are submitted you will receive a weekly e-mail with donor's names and amounts so that you can acknowledge the donations personally.
Outbound Call:
If a supporter texts your keyword to 71777 and does not fulfill the donation at that time, a call will be made on behalf of the NFB, asking the supporter to complete the donation.

Mr. Anil Lewis, M.P.A.
Deputy Executive Director

National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, Maryland   21230

(410) 659-9314 ext. 2374 (Voice)
(410) 659-5129 (FAX)
Email: alewis at nfb.org<mailto:alewis at nfb.org>
Web: www.nfb.org<http://www.nfb.org/>
Twitter: @AnilLife

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund campaign, please visit www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture<http://www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture>.