[nabs-l] Online classes

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 21 21:33:11 UTC 2014

Mikayla,

Online experiences will vary. However, from what I've seen on this list, we
tend to run into accessibility challenges.
I took an online course in editting; also a hybrid class where half is
online and half in class.

My school uses blackboard. I found blackboard is not fully accessible.  I
cannot submit assignments online. Also, when reading quizzes or tests, when
you press r for radio button, jaws reads the whole question, not just your
choice of answer.

In short, it also depends on your learning style. me, I really prefer the
class discussions and interaction I have in class.
I would recommend sticking with in class courses if possible. Do not take
visual classes online like math and science; you need the professor's help
and will likely not get the 1:1 help you need online.

I bvelieve the other learning platform, Desire to learn, is more screen
reaeer friendly. So it depends on your online platform they use.

You  should be able to add and drop classes first week. So, if your class is
not very accessible, drop it Fast. Do not waste your time and money on an
inaccessible course.

Ashley