[nabs-l] History Project

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 20:04:01 UTC 2014

Hello all,

The National Association of Blind Students History Project is
officially underway.  The committee met on Saturday night, and here is
what we have come up with as goals for the future.  Here are the
highlights.

O We want to ultimately complete a written history of the student
division, modeled closely after Walking Alone Marching Together.
O To do this, we will collect information through interviews.  We will
start with those who were around to see the events which led up to the
student division's formation and its early years unfold, then work our
way into the 21st century.
O  We may also publish particularly interesting interviews in
publications such as the Braille Monitor, Future Reflections, and the
Student Slate as relevant.
O  The project will last for an indeterminant amount of time.  OUr
interest is to produce high quality historical information, so at
least for the foreseeable future there will never a be a time where it
is too late to join us.  If you are interested in joining, stay tuned
for April meeting details.
O  Thank you to the wonderful people who chartered this committee with
me, and who enthusiastically took interview assignments.  You are
awesome people, and I think we're off to a great start.

Stay tuned for details about April's meeting.

--
Kaiti