[nabs-l] In person versus online for the summer

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:28:49 UTC 2014

Hi to all.  I know I've commented on my online experience in a
is conducting your online class before the class begins is crucial to
better your chances of succeeding in the class.  I've heard of
blackboard for online classes, but I only have experience with canvas.
 It wasn't to hard to figure out how to use it after a couple tries.
I did have help at first when answering some questions on quizzes and
other assignments.  My professor was very accomidating I could email
if I had questions, and she would respond very promptly.  If I had
questions about my grade, she would answer them.  I believe I was the
first blind student she had had take her online class.  The class was
a science class that dealt with astronomy.  If I had done better on
the quizzes my grade would have been higher.  I received a b in the
class which for me was an excilent grade.  Science was never one of my
strong points.  I'd say to all of you who don't like, or are dreading
taking an online class, to just be positive and do the best you can.
I know you have to be motivated to just get your assignments done, but
it was a great experience for me, because it caused me to be
disciplined and very serious if I wanted a passing grade.  My GPA
right now, is something like 3.90 or very close to it.  I'm glad I
could get my associates degree with that GPA.  I took a lot of history
classes as electives which were a lot of fun.  I had a wonderful
instructor who was very acomidating and would reddily answer any
questions I had about the materials.  We never had any actual
textbooks during the course, which did help a lot.  Just a couple book
reports, one ten page research paper, and a couple tests.  Good luck
all, as you all continue your education.