[nabs-l] Languages

sami osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Wed May 7 21:32:06 UTC 2014

Hi Lizzy,

I think it's really cool that you want to learn those languages.
I personally don't know any of those languages fluently; I only
speak French and Spanish other than English, but I have taught
myself some Japanese and Italian.
I am intending to lstudy more of those languages and perhaps more
when I get to college, as I am considering being an interpreter
UN (the United Nations), and I heard that you need to "know at
least 4 to 5 languages.
Currently, I am planning to learn German, as that's very similar
to English, I would also to learn Italian and Portugese, as those
are similar to French and Spanish, and then, some languages like
Chinese or Japanese which don't use the Latin alphabet, first of
all because I'm curious as to how other alphabets are used, and
second because I know that will introduce a whole new catagory of
languages of what I already know.

Btw, I can't believe that you and I have the same interest!
That's cool, isn't it?
Good luck with your learning!

Sami.