[nabs-l] Success with VR!

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 03:33:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I just wanted to share the awesome news I received this week that VR
is approving training at CCB for me!! Wahooo!!!  I don't know the
exact timeline, but I will continue working full time for the next
couple of months, then attend CCB's full training program, and then
return to Indiana to pursue my Master's degrees.  I am so excited!!
Thanks to all of the support and guidance I received from several of
you on the list, as well as the center directors, and my State
president, I was able to build a strong case with lots of
documentation, including letters from my doctor and other healthcare
providers to recommend the Independence Training Program.
Historically, getting VR in Indiana to send students out of state has
been a battle, but I am thankful to those who paved the way, and those
who helped me to prepare, so it would not even be a battle for me.
Just wanted to share the good news!

Best,

Sarah

--
Sarah K. Meyer
NFB of Indy - Community Outreach, Advocacy, and Legislation (COAL), Chair