[nabs-l] National Convention Deadlines Quickly Approaching

Sean Whalen via nabs-l nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Mon May 19 15:39:39 UTC 2014

Good Monday morning NABS!

I'm just writing with a quick reminder that the deadline for our room block
in Orlando (May 28), as well as the convention preregistration deadline
(May31) are nearly upon us.

The 2014 National Federation of the Blind National Convention, to be held at
the Rosen Centre July 1-6, is rapidly approaching. If you have not yet
preregistered or reserved your room at the Rosen Centre, we encourage you to
do so as soon as possible. You won't want to miss what is always the largest
and most exciting gathering of blind people in the country, and, of course,
all the exciting NABS events!

Rooms at the Rosen Centre are available on a first-come, first-served basis
until our block is filled or until May 28, whichever comes first. After our
block is filled and/or after May 28, the hotel has no obligation to accept
any further reservations. The room block often fills up before the deadline.
To make a reservation now and ensure you don't miss out on the special room
rates associated with our block, please call the Rosen Centre at (800)
204-7234.

The deadline for preregistration for the national convention is also quickly
approaching - preregistration ends at midnight on May 31. As always, we
encourage you to preregister online ( <http://lx-web.nfb.org/convention>
http://lx-web.nfb.org/convention) and avoid waiting in the long lines at
convention. You will also save some money by preregistering -the
preregistration fee for convention is $25 ($30 on site) and the cost of a
banquet ticket is $55 ($60 on site).

I look forward to seeing many of you in Orlando!

Take care,

Sean