[nabs-l] dealing with the LSAC/preparing for the LSAT

Joe via nabs-l nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Tue May 20 00:57:01 UTC 2014

Hi Patrick,

If you're planning on taking the exam in September, I'd accelerate the
accommodations process. Start that as soon as possible, because I found the
LSAC staff abnormally difficult. Granted, this was 2009, but they seem
especially hell-bent on operating two decades behind where efficiency is
concerned.

I myself took the exam in Braille. I got a Perkins brailler for the logic
puzzles. I know someone here argued to be allowed to use a computer for more
than just the writing exercise.

As for prep material, I never enrolled in any of the Kaplan courses. They
were too expensive for my poor soul. :) I found Braille copies of old exams
from a transcriber in New York. I found plenty of practice exams online. The
first few times I just took the tests freestyle. Then I began timing myself
for more realistic practice. I also bought copies of the Bible series, that
is: Logic Games Bible, Logic Reasoning Bible, and the Reading Comprehension
Bible. You may get better responses on the BlindLaw list.

--
Twitter: @ScribblingJoe

Visit my blog:
http://joeorozco.com/blog