[nabs-l] Spaghetti dinner fundraiser, thoughts?

Julie McGinnity via nabs-l nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Tue May 27 15:33:16 UTC 2014

Hi Kaiti,

Darian is exactly right.  The hotel's strict policy on food is the
only thing to consider here that might cause potential issues.  Talk
to your affiliate president and/or the convention coordinator in your
state about your plan, and they may be able to help you make it
happen.  We always have a night where we have hospitality-where we
bring in food and serve it to people.  The host chapter does this, and
they have always been able to work that into the contract.  So this
leads me to believe that the idea is not unreasonable.  And a
speghetti dinner sounds fabulous, especially if you can get some
home-made baked goods into the mix!  I think that would be leagues
better than a meal catered by the hotel...  But that's just an
opinion...  :)

--
Julie McG
National Association of Guide dog Users board member,  National