[nabs-l] [Private] guardianship question

Joshua Hendrickson via nabs-l nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Fri May 30 21:03:49 UTC 2014

Hi to all.  As far as financial stuardship goes, I'd suggest setting
up online banking.  I get SSI, and each month, my money is directly
deposited in my checking account.  I can log in to my banks website
with an id and password, and immediately see my balance after every
transaction.  I can also look at transactions to see what money was
spent where.  I haven't done this yet, but I think I will start also
writing down every time I make a purchase besides having the info on
the banks site just as a backup.  I enjoy having access to my
financial information, because, I now know exactly what is spent on
which purchases, so if I put money or withdraw money, I can very
quickly check it.  I also have my debbit card set up to if there isn't
enough money in my account to make a purchase, my card is declined and
my purchase doesn't go through.  If I have a question about a
transaction, calling my bank will help resolve the question.  Good
luck.  Also, there are college courses in statistics which will teach
you about using credit cards, stocks bonds and things like that.
These and other financial topics were part of my college level math
class.  To me, the most important thing to learn when you manage your
own money, is first, at the beginning of the month, figure out how
much money you have in your account, then when you want to make a
purchase decide if you can aford it or not, and if you do make a
purchase subtract what you spent from your beginning balance.  Repeat
this process with each purchase, so at the end of the month you can
figure out for yourself if you are spending to much or not.  Have a
great afternoon all.