[nabs-l] is there any place for schools for the blind?

Zach Mason zmason.northwindsfarm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:20:24 UTC 2014

I have seen both alumni exceptionally advanced in their use of accessible
skills, and those whose skill sets have much to be desired of. It is my
opinion that the most striking difference between students from any
specialized institution and those of public institutions is the development
of interpersonal skills and self-confidence. "Mainstream" students, are
generally more comfortable and sociable in mixed settings because we've
grown up in that environment.

Concerning the multitude of posts about "making friends in high school," .
Does anyone really believe the majority of people spend the bulk of their
day in high school making friends? I know I was also one of those social
outcasts in high school, but after four years of college, and two years of
work experience, I've come to realize about 95% of non-jock people
considered they unpopular in high school. The remaining 5% had inflated
egos. wink wink. That's not to say you shouldn't be reasonably sociable, but
do please be yourselves, don't take social life too seriously. In my less
and less humble opinion, extra curricula activities and organizations are
the key to development of social and professional skills that will be in
high demand later in life.

Zac

Zachary Mason

Assistant Shepherd and Young Stock Manager

Northwinds Farm

(603) 922-8377 Work

(603) 991-6747 Cell

 <mailto:zmason at northwindsfarm@gmail.com> zmason at northwindsfarm@gmail.com