[nabs-l] dealing with parrents in a personal decision setting

Jorge Paez jorgeapaez1994 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 21:50:20 UTC 2014

Hi Nabs:
So, I was wondering something.
So, I've come to a decision on which I'm going to choose something
that my parents aren't comfortable with.
This applies on several personal fronts, but the one relevant to this
list is my desire to go away from home for college.
How do you deal with your parents in this topic?
Because I know I can do it, and my parents generally know as well, but
feel extremely uncomfortable.
I'm their only blind son--I'm actually the only one who's blind in all
my family, so I don't know if their uncomfortable because of usual
non-sight related stuff or specificallybecause of my blindness.
Either way, how do you deal with this?
I've made up my mind, so its not a point of choosing, as much as
telling them my choice and making them feel like they've at least had
a chance to talk to me, and that they understand, not necessarily
agree with, my decision.
Basically, I want to make sure this doesn't end up with anyone feeling
like theey were left out of the conversation.
If you have any suggestions feel free to write me.

Thanks,

Jorge