[nabs-l] dealing with parrents in a personal decision setting

Shikha desai1shikha at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 22:10:44 UTC 2014

Thanks for bringing this topic up because i am dealing with the same situation.  I am currently attending a comunity college and i commute from home. There are no busses in my area so my parents drop me up and pick me up to my college.
Luckily i only have class on Monday and Wednesday, but even though i graduated from the Louisiana  center for the blind i do not think they believe in my independent  skills.  I always have to prove my self to them because i am the only blind person in my family.
I am going to transfer to Georgia State in August of 2015 and my parents also do not want me to live on campus.  They told me that i will be struggling a lot.

Shikha.